3 or 4 carrots in julienne strips
100ml white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1. Tightly pack a sterilised glass jar with the carrot strips.
2. Put the vinegar, water, sugar and salt into a small pot and bring to boil.
3. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and leave to steep for a few minutes.
4. Pour the vinegar mixture over the carrots making sure all the carrots are covered. If the liquid doesn't quite cover the carrots you can press the carrots down with the back of a spoon.
5. Refrigerate overnight...or if you are like me and have run out of pickles and just can't wait...then refrigerate till they have cooled down and they're ready!